Squanch Games Fan Art (“PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY
LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR YOUTUBE IN ANY WAY.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of date of entry) who are
legal residents of the United States and Canada, except in those states and provinces where prohibited by law. For the avoidance of doubt, participants should check with local requirements
regarding his or her eligibility prior to participation in this Promotion. The officers, directors, and employees of Squanch Games, Inc. Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Squanch Games, Inc.”), and all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. BINDING EFFECT. By submitting your entry, you agree to these Official Rules and that failure to
comply with these Official Rules may, in the sole discretion of Squanch Games, Inc., result in
disqualification. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws apply.
3. SUBMISSION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on August 29, 2019 at 11:00 AM, EDT; and ends on September 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM, EDT (“Submission Period”). Entries will be only accepted during the Submission Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER. Register by following @squanchgames and @TroverGame on Twitter or Instagram, and post your fan art with the hashtag #TroverFanArt on either platform after August 29, 2019 at 11:00 AM, EDT. The information you provide at submission will be used to contact you, if you are a potential winner.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION. Squanch Games, Inc. will randomly draw one (1) first prize winners and three (3) second prize winners at the conclusion of the Submission Period from the eligible entries received during the Submission Period. Odds of winning in the drawing depend on the number eligible entries received. Winners must be 18 years of age or older (as of date of entry) and must, as a condition of winning, satisfactorily complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and Publicity Release.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The confirmed first prize winners will be awarded one (1) printed copy of their artwork signed by the development team and one (1) digital download of Trover Saves the Universe ($29.99). The confirmed second prize winners will be awarded one (1) digital download of Trover Saves the Universe ($29.99) as well as some additional stray promotional items. The approximate retail value of the total prizes is $119.96 USD. Any federal, state, provincial, and local taxes and any duties on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. LICENSE GRANT: You retain all of your ownership rights in any story, photograph, video, or other material that you submit as part of your entry. However, with each submission of story, photograph, video, and/or other material to this Promotion, you grant Squanch Games, Inc., and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, adapt, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and perform your story, photograph, video, and/or other material submissions, in whole or in part, in connection with this Promotion and in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of Squanch Games, Inc. products in any media formats and through any media and social channels. Squanch Games, Inc. may also use your story, photograph, video, and/or other material in connection with (i) retail marketing efforts including trade show booths, catalogs, mailers, point of purchase or other store displays; and (ii) e-commerce efforts including the Squanch Games, Inc. website in any media formats and through any media and social channels.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Squanch Games, Inc.’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all matters related to this Promotion. Squanch Games, Inc. and its partners are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, so are or any combination thereof. Only the fully completed online application will be accepted. All applications submitted become the property of Squanch Games, Inc. Squanch Games, Inc. reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify this Promotion in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if Squanch Games, Inc. determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Squanch Games, Inc.’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion. Squanch Games, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the application or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Squanch Games, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Squanch Games, Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in this Promotion, participant releases and agrees to discharge and hold harmless Squanch Games, Inc. and its partners, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, retailers, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that Squanch Games, Inc. may use their name, address, voice, likeness and prize information for promotional purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
11. SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by Squanch Games, Inc. with North America office in Burbank, CA. For address details, contact email@example.com.
12. LIST OF WINNERS. Winner(s) may be announced on Squanch Games, Inc. social media outlets, however, you may also receive a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Squanch Games, Inc., Public Relations Manager at Sponsor’s address no later than 60 days from end date of the Submission Period. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
13. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than the administration of the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively. through final and binding arbitration conducted under the Consumer Arbitration Rules ("Rules ") of the American Arbitration Association except that any dispute that would otherwise fall under the jurisdiction of a small claims court may, at the option of one of the parties, be brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction prior to appointment of the arbitrator.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties or under the selection process set forth in the Rules. The costs of the arbitration shall be apportioned between the parties as set forth in the Rules. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding on the parties without right of appeal. YOU MUST CONTACT SPONSOR WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT OR FACTS THAT GIVE RISE TO A CLAIM, OR YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY CLAIM BASED UPON SUCH EVENT OR FACTS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Squanch Games, Inc. in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.