Senior Designer: Small Projects
We've got a great opportunity for someone awesome to lead up a series of experiments for us at Squanchtendo. VR is a cool new space where we have a lot to learn. We're looking to bring on a senior designer who will lead the charge to solve some of these crazy problems and come out the other end with hilarious narrative driven games.
- Experienced: you probably have experience in game development, specifically as a lead designer or senior designer prior. You have experience with short ship cycles with small/scrappy teams.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: Regardless of whether your tech background includes programming, scripting, or working in engine editors, we need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes. You know blueprints like the back of your hand.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Lead a design team to conceptualize and execute life-altering VR experiences
- Ensure consistent creative vision and prioritization alignment
- Be an individual contributor, owning design end to end along with documentation
- Collaborate and evangelize the game to partners and potential new-hires
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Lead the formation of the team: Structure and process
- Play to your strengths and not be afraid to admit your weaknesses
If this sounds like you, apply here!