Whiz Bang Artistic Generalist
We’re an early stages startup, so we’re going to need a whiz bang person or two who is unafraid to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that in order to get the vision off the ground. Ideally, this person’s focus will be in one of these areas: Environments, FX, hard surface modeling, or texture work, but they should be competent broadly in each of those areas.
- Have shipped a title or two as an artist: you probably have experience in game development, understand optimization, and have a good pipeline.
- Curious and passionate: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in the world of VR and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Collaborative and humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Tech-friendly: We need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary, so you are comfortable with game engines, editors, and your suite of tools.
- A lover of VR and the potential of the platform: You may fancy yourself a bit of a futurist. You know what the latest excellent ways are to interact with the world and what experiences blow people’s minds and you can’t wait to make more of them.
- Be great at taking a 2D visual and turning it into stylized 3D
- Be flexible and OK with wearing many hats. Either way, you’ll be instrumental in developing the style and ensuring that the vision comes together in VR.
- Be experimental
- Collaborate across all functions on the team
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Not be afraid of process and structure. A little goes a long way.
- Play to your strengths and not be afraid to admit your weaknesses
If this sounds like you, please apply here: